CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Bad Luck



So we have not had the best luck... Here is a simple list of crap that's happened to us! But among all the crap, the good things outweigh the bad by huge amounts! What matters most is that we have our health, we're together as a family with one on the way and we love eachother more than ever!

The Bad

1. Brent lost his job with Del Sol in October

2. Our investment ended up being a fraud (losing us quite a bit of money)

3. I had to go back to work full-time (which sucked being away from Trey)

4. Brent had to move down to Tucson a month earlier than us

5. On the way down to Tucson, Brent got in a car accident in Beaver (which he has always called "hell"... go figure)

6. Also on the way down, he got a $180 speeding ticket only going 67 (he thought the speed limit on a 6 lane highway would be 65, however it was 55)

7. We found out someone got a hold of his debit card # & pin # and was taking $300 out in Mexico


The Good

1. Brent found a job 2 months later with a medical device company - an industry he wanted to get into right after college! Which moved us to Tucson, AZ.
2. We are having a baby girl in June!!!

3. The job that I ended up taking allowed me to see Maroon 5 in an exclusive concert for only about 200 people and I was only about 6 feet away from the band!

4. We were able to sell our house in 2 days to move down to Tucson

5. The weather here is amazing! & we've already been out to the pool

6. THE BEST - we are now here all together as a family again!

7. OOH - perhaps even better, I don't have to work anymore! :)
8. Their are tons of TJ Maxx & Ross' down here in Tucson! & I found a really nice shopping center with "designer" shops like Armani, BCBG, etc...!




3 comments:

Di said...

It's about time you update.
I feel your pain on the investment loss and speeding ticket! I wonder how someone found out his debit pin! Some friends were telling me tonight about how Arizona is a growing target for kidnappings by Mexicans and I thought of you... here is an article link: http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/webster/090214
It mentions Tucson so I thought I would warn you. I know every city has it's dangers, but be extra careful!
Hope the good continues to outweigh the bad :)

The Lind's said...

So sorry about the bad news...but GREAT thing the good out weighs the bad! Congrats on the new move! That is so great you sold your house...especially with the way things are! I know a lot of people from AZ and they LOVE it there! And it's a great time to buy a home there too! Thought I would throw in some more good things! :) Take care and good luck with the new move...and soon to be baby girl! By the way you look freaking amazing! If those are prepregnancy pants...let's just say I am jealous! :)

Jamie said...

Ahh, Ali...thanks for your updates! We really miss you guys already! Your pregnancy pics look great. I would NEVER show my bare belly while I was preggers...but you should show that beautiful thing off!!! I can completely relate to your ups and downs in the last few months. Believe me...we're right there with you. It's crazy how you end up finding so much more goods than bads :) Keep updating!