CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

a "Proud Mom" moment


We had our Primary Program for church on October 25th. I had been working hard with the kids to learn all of the songs (yes, I am the chorister) but I had also been working with Trey to learn his speaking part. He learned it pretty quickly and was one of only about 5 kids (out of 60) that had his part memorized (& he is a Sunbeam)! Yes, I'm gloating... but that is what mom's do, right!? So, as Trey got up to say his part that Sunday the primary counselor, Sis. Jodi Bridges, was sitting up there helping all of the kids say their parts that couldn't read. Trey got up to the podium and Sis. Bridges began to help him. He said into the microphone for the congregation to hear, "No, my know my part," and with giggles from the crowd he continued clearly (this is word for word), "We are a created of Heavenly Father's image."
I had the "PROUD MOM" moment, and yes, got a teary-eyed! I was so proud of him! He also LOVES to sing "My Eternal Family" which is one of the songs he learned for the program. The kids learned actions for the song and we have to sing the song over and over at home with the actions! Trey- "My am a builder, working each day to build my family... and I will do the BEST I can to serve them lovingly."





Trey,
I love how you always say "we are a happy family" when we are all together. I love how you push all our chairs together so they are touching at the dinner table so we can sit as a "happy family". I love how you always want to be in pictures with your baby sis and are so patient with her. I love who you are and love spending everyday with you!
I love that even after your bad days ("I'm having a bad day" or a "rough time" as you say), that you tell me you love me and that we have to scream... "I love you BEEEEEEEEEEST!" and you always win!
I love that after one particular bad day, after you were pretty whiney, you came to me and said, "I"m sorry mom." And I told you that I love you even when you're mad. I love when you're happy. I love you when you're whiney. & even when you're sad. And you said, "You're the best, mom."
You are such a sweetheart and I love you best!
Love,
Mom


Look at Andee, how big she's grown! She is so close to sitting up and is rolling from back to tummy and around to her back again! They grow up too quickly!

My Sweet Kids


2 comments:

Clements Family said...

Good job Trey! Our program is next week!
Love those pictures they are all so cute!

Jcjohns said...

You have to brag about your kid!! That is so cool!!