CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

December is Here...


It has become my tradition the day after Thanksgiving, to put up my Christmas decorations. As I pull out the stockings, lights, tree and ornaments, I listen to Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick, Jr. singing Christmas carols to set in the mood. This moment is like I am 5 all over again and anxiously turn over a new day on the advent calendar.
Andee found her favorite Christmas decoration who was just her size!
(She loved playing with her buddy, Santa.)
We have a snowman advent calendar and each day you get to put the numbered body part or clothing piece on the snowman. The first thing Trey did every morning in December was scurry into the living room to place another piece of the snowman and count down the days until Christmas. Brent and I also spent a Family Home Evening teaching Trey about the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus' birth. Trey enjoyed learning about the star and how baby Jesus was born in a stable. He also learned a song that I taught the primary called, "Baby in a Manger" by Sally Deford, which he sings all the time!

3 comments:

Bell Blog said...

I love that Andee always looks like it is summer. She is going to love the sun just like her mommy! lol

Lyndee said...

what cute outfits she has! :)

Yorgason said...

cute pictures..I can't believe how big your little girl is getting...so cute...xoxo